Passionate about Nature, the Conservation of Native Species, and Preservation of their Ecosystems
Hello & Welcome!
Chloe here, if you know me, awesome, if not, let’s connect!
I started this site to blog, write, explore, and further understand the nature around me. After becoming hooked to iNaturalist, and getting my husband also obsessed I quickly found that I wasn’t ingesting the level of detail and understanding I’d like to for most observations while in nature.
So this is my attempt to research, and educate myself on creatures and topics I am interested in, while hopefully answering other’s similar curiosities. But I also love sharing what I’ve learned, and maybe someone else will enjoy my inquiries into the fascinating naturalistic world as well.
- I have always loved nature, wildlife, and being outside. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest in Washington but spent a lot of time in British Columbia. I moved to the Lower Mainland BC for University
- My passion for biology was really sparked by an Honors Biology High School Teacher, thanks, Mrs. Pullman!
- Bachelor of Science, Concentration: Ecology, Conservation, and Evolution from Simon Fraser University, British Columbia
- Former Environmental Scientist for California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Certified California Naturalists Course from Grassroots Ecology
- Certifications: Project Learning Tree Facilitator, Invasive Shot Hole Borer Monitor (UCANR), Certified Interpretive Guide (National Association for Interpretation)
- Social Media Manager for Pacific Beach Coalition
- Three summers of Field Work in remote areas of BC:
- One summer spent understanding how honeybees detect and use the earth’s magnetic field
- Two summers spent learning about coastal tailed frog tadpoles in Run of River dammed streams
- Currently, I’m the Social Media Coordinator for Pacific Beach Coalition.
- In the recent past I’ve volunteered for: Felidae Conservation Fund, Bay Area Puma Project cataloging images, Grassroots Ecology (Palo Alto CA), Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (Los Altos CA), South Bay Clean Creek Coalition/Friends of Coyote Creek Watershed
All images are my own unless otherwise noted.
Here’s a smattering of adventures in remote areas of British Columbia, Canada, & California, USA.